Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ok so I promised!

Harvest 08'

Heaven
"Where will you spend Eternity?"

So I ended up going to all three of the Harvest meetings this weekend! What a great time. I am often doing the teaching and don't always have time to get taught, of course I have my studies and devo's but that is self taught. This was a refreshing time for me.






Do to the theme as I posted above you can conclude that there is much I can apply from what I heard to my situation with my Father passing away. Yes, there is but I am going to save that for tomorrows blog. There is just so much that I have been taking in over this weekend that I have to break it up, or as I heard a new term the other day, I have to chunk it.

So Friday I went out with a friend and our children. We went shopping. On Baltimore Pike there is an old Chrysler dealer that is now a Halloween store. As we pass this store there is a man dressed as the grim reaper and he is holding his thumb out as if he were hitching a ride. In that instant I got thinking. Turning to my girlfriend I said, "Death was hitching a ride but we can't let him in, we have had enough of that!" Of course referring to my dad! But then my thoughts continued spiritually. Death, we that are Christians we have the promise that Christ conquered death. We no longer have to worry that we will be driving and have to stop to pick up this hitch hiker!!! And how awesome, that same day my team and I take the C4 youth to Harvest and Greg Laurie speaks on this very thing, in a alittle bit of a different way of course!

Death will come it is inevitable, but where will you go? We were created to live forever, death was not the original plan, death came through sin, sin came through man (Romans 5:12). Now listen, we still live forever, immortality cool huh? Well don't get excited yet, you will live forever just not on this earth! We die on this earth but our souls live for eternity! So where will you spend your forever? There is only two choices Heaven or hell! Which will you choose?

You don't believe in hell? Jesus tells us about it in Luke 16:19-31! "The time came when the begger died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side." verses 22 - 23. Did you catch that? I don't think you can miss it I made it big and dark and I even italicized it, yes hell and it is real!

So do you know where you are spending eternity, Heaven or hell? Heaven is not your DEFAULT destination, you have to choose, and not making a choice is still choosing. But I am not the religious type, you may say. Well, good news God is not looking for the religious type, He is looking for the "Sinner" type and you qualify!

NOTHING will satisfy you until you experience Christ!

Do It NOW!

"...Now is the day of salvation" 2 Corinthians 6:2. We don't know when life will end, there is no guarantee. It has to be YOUR choice, and yours alone!

So this is what you need to do:
- Admit your a sinner
- Sin: trespassing, crossing the line
- 1 sin is enough to keep you out of Heaven, God doesn't grade on a curve!
- Recognize Jesus Died for You
- John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not die."
- Repent of sin
- You must be sorry, but sorry enough to stop
- Changed direction: You have been going away from God you need to change direction and go towards Him!

He is knocking at the door and you has already paid the price for your ticket, will you open the door and except the gift that He paid such a high price for?

Don't clean your life up before you come to God, come to God and He will clean up your life. He cleans His fish after He catches them!

So where will you spend eternity?

Accept or Reject
For or Against
YOU CHOOSE!

900+ Accepted will you join them?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.