Thursday, October 9, 2008

Never Let Go, Wherever You Go!

Since Vacation Bible school this summer we have been listening to the Power Lab CD EVERY time that we get in the car. We listen so much that I had to get a second CD because the first one started to wear out! The boys can sing every song on this CD and Nathan's request is always, "turn it up louwder!" (spelling error intentional) I love my music loud so I gladly oblige! It is the best children's CD I have ever heard!

A couple blogs ago I mentioned how I love music and God uses songs to speak to me. Well, I too know every song on the CD and have since July! I have heard the songs over and over and love it. Then when my father got really sick and we had to take him to Hospice, I was driving to my mothers to pick her up when 2 of the songs just stuck out as if I never heard them before.

"You Never Let Go" and "Wherever You Go", just listen to the words:

You Never Let Go

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me


It is so easy to be on fire for God when everything is calm but we need to draw nearer and never let go because He is near!


Wherever You Go (Joshua 1:9)

Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous
Do not be terrified do not be discouraged
for the Lord your god will be with you
wherever you go, Wherever you go!



I have known this verse for as long as I can remember but as I listened to it as it followed the song above, it all the sudden struck me. I was in a place of desperation not know what was going on with my Father and there it is, God commands us, to be strong and courageous. He doesn't suggest it, doesn't recommend it, He commands us be strong, courageous, have no fear, don't be discouraged, for He will be with us and go wherever we go! He is there even as you watch you father die! I didn't need to be discouraged that my father wasn't healed! God knows what He is doing better then me! I mean just look at the impact my father's life had after he died. I think the impact has been far greater then anything he could have done on earth, and God knew that! So bottom line

Never Let Go, God will be with You Wherever You Go!

No comments: