Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Hate Driving!

So yesterday I was driving to the poconos. Yes I know that is crazy right, well Kali and I had some work to do up there with her dad so we got up early and headed out the door by 6:45am. It was a two hour drive to only find out we really didn't have to be there for the appt only her dad did. So ok we make the best of it since we did drive all that way, we visited her dad and his wife, and they took us out to lunch. We left right after lunch since we had such a long drive and I had someone caring for my children. So off we go driving.

So at this point it is 1:30pm and I had been driving all morning except for when we were sitting showing pictures and sitting eating lunch. It was cold and rainy, oh and snowing with a mix of hail. That's the poconos for you. So I am tired and the weather is horrible and I pass the EXIT! I didn't realized I passed my exit for about a half hour. So I turn around and travel a half hour back to my exit. Now my two hour drive has turned to three hours on top of my morning drive.

"Why are you telling us all this?" you might ask. Ok well when I figured out that I passed my exit and I was already a half hour passed I called Jeremy and Todd called me and we tried to work out getting home from where I was instead of turning around. There didn't seem to be anyway that wouldn't be longer. While I was trying to figure out my next move without turning around I go so frustrated I just wante to curse. (gasp) I know you weren't expecting that! Well I didn't curse but I have this habit of instead of cursing (which I used to do often, before getting serious about Christ) I make the statement, "I feel like cursing!" Well with this said of course my mind automatically pops those words in my brain, which I refrain from saying, however I have already said the words just not out loud. Then I remembered what the bible says:

Matthew 5:27-30 (New International Version)

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'[a] 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Yes this talks about adultery but what I read here is that our sin starts in our minds, ANY sin! Once I declaredthe statement, "I feel like cursing" it was already in my heart. God knows your heart make sure it is right with God!

1 comment:

Hey Jude said...

It can't be as bad as getting on the turnpike and not taking a ticket. Going down two exits and then try to turn around. :)