Thursday, October 2, 2008

Go Tell EVERYONE!

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.
Mark 16:15-20


So the last couple weeks I have been going through bin after bin of junk in my basement. I decided I was going to sell some Disney Items I had collected from when I was younger. As I started through the boxes I came across old pictures, some of me as an infant, and let me tell you all my boys look just like me (sorry Jeremy). I also came across little notes that had been passed in class to letters sent from old friends (yes even old boyfriends, what was I thinking).

Anyway, as I opened this one letter to read it I can remember some of the other letters we had written back and forth. One in specific about his struggles in life and the trouble he was in. He confused that maybe he really did need God. I remember that letter like it was yesterday, when I read those words I remember my heart jumping. I thought to myself, at that time, I can go by this guy a bible! Yeah that would help. I remember going to the Christian bookstore and purchasing the bible, I remembering giving it to him.

Now after that I can't remember what seemed to happen. Life got in the way, he was in MA at school, I was here in PA working full time, we just separated. I always wondered if buying that bible and some of the words we exchanged had ever touch his heart. Had he ever made a decision to follow Christ.

Not too long ago I was in contact with him for a short time on myspace, until he deleted his profile. We didn't talk enough for me to ask about the bible, if he still had it or anything. I did find out however that he was "married" but not to a women. My heart sank, my thoughts raced, "did I fail him?!"

To this day I still don't know what developed out of our conversations, and letters, and that bible I purchased for him. But I do know this, I told him what he needed! What everyone needs, I told him about Christ!

I may never see the fruits of my labor for Christ in this situation, but I didn't give up then, and I won't give up now!

This is a song that I heard and it really helps me think, "We are not done we need to go into the WHOLE WORLD and tell EVERYONE, because the greater things have yet to come, the greater things have yet to be done!


God of this City - Chris Tomlin

You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're Lord Of this nation
You are

You're hope for the hopeless
You're light in the darkness
You're peace to the restless
You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

The greater things have yet to come The greater things are still to be done in this city
The greater things have yet to come
The greater things are still to be done in this city

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

Check out this video on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61LamkXfwk