Monday, July 20, 2009

What a Mighty God We Serve

This song has been stuck in my head.  God has been just placing songs that I haven't heard or sang in years on my heart.  I am currently singing praises to His name in spite of my circumstances!

Nathan is doing well.  Everything is pretty much the same.  He is still in heart block and his rate is still 60s during the day and 50s when sleeping.  Waiting for the 7-10 day period, in which it sometimes takes for it to return to normal, then we will surgically install the pacemaker.

Despite how Nathan feels he is staying fairly happy!  This picture is of Pastor Bob playing Cars (the movie) with Nathan that Esther and him had purchased as a gift for Nathan, so cute right?!

Today was a bit of a difficult day, however was made SO MUCH easier by Nathan's nurse Jen.  Boy did he like her.  Nathan of course has some sensory integration as well as some sensory ad version, so it often takes a couple of times for him to warm up to you.  Well that was not the case with Lauren that was with us several nights in room 3 and especially not with Jen who was with us today.  They just hit it off.

Nathan is not eating or drinking much and so the fear is we may have to do an IV again which we are trying so desperately to avoid.  What might be playing a part in this is Nathan's bowls.  He hasn't had a bowl movement since the day before his surgery.  So the difficult part of today was getting Nathan to go potty.  Despite our lack of trying it didn't work so great.  We got things moving though.  After torturing Nathan with trying to go potty I wasn't sure that his new found love for his nurse would last but it did.  He said goodbye to her.  WOW!  Jen your great! (I promise I will get the diaper pic up)

On another note, I have mentioned in several blogs about how I have been pressing into my relationship with God, well He rocks my socks off.  It has been several months and each day we just get closer and closer.  I can't remember the last time I "got lost" in the scriptures.  Usually I am doing my daily duty or researching my lesson for youth group.  Tonight totally "lost"/engulfed in the Scriptures.  What a Mighty God We Serve!  The cool thing is that we have been growing closer before this whole heart surgery with Nathan started so I am encouraged that once this is over my new found love for my Lord that has been buried so far in my heart will not dissipate!

Thank you all for your prayers and support please continue to lift Nathan up in prayer to our God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi - glad to be there yesterday to see him. sorry i couldnt stay longer. i dont know how your doing it. im so proud of you chris. your a great mom and a great example. i love you. Love, Brie

Deb said...

You're doing a great job keeping him amused - hard to do anywhere. God must really be working in Nathan. I'm sure he's enjoying the time he gets with you too!

Isn't awesome how God has blessings that come from trials. I'm sure there are more to come.

Deb

P.S. I can't tell what day the postings are made in this new format!!!