Monday, July 6, 2009

Ocean City, NJ: Vacation '09

We went to Ocean City NJ for our vacation this year as we do every year. This year was bitter sweet. Aaron's first time on the beach, Nathan's first time wave jumping without a hand to hold, Jeremy Jr.'s first time playing Army men on the beach, and the first time in Ocean City and on vacation without my Dad! Also the first Father's day, his birthday, and my parents anniversary without my father! :( Don't get me wrong though we had a great time, we did miss him though!

When Jeremy Jr. was first born, before he even crawled, my dad bought him a set of Army men hoping they would play together in the future. They did get to play a little bit but Jeremy Jr was still too young to "really" get the concept. Not this year! And so watching him on the beach with his army guys was a sad feeling. It was all I could do to stay happy and focused on the fun we were having. It was hard, and even harder for my mom. At one point specifically she got up and walked the beach because she couldn't fight back the tears. She did great though!!

Despite missing my Father we had a great vacation! Here are some pics!Jeremy Jr's Army Camp (thanks Uncle Josh)

Aaron, Nathan, Mikenzie, Jeremy Jr.
Ocean City, NJ 2009

2 comments:

Hey Jude said...

AWww..I'm glad you guys had fun. The boys are getting big. I was looking at the picture of the boys and couldn't help but think he fits in better with them. You can tell he is a Schoenrock

Anonymous said...

omgsh Aaron is sitting up like a big boy!! he is sooo cute!! :)