Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just Courage


So tomorrow morning I have a leadership meeting for most of the day. One thing ask from us is to read a couple chapters of a book titled Just Courage.

Jeremy and I came home tonight from C4 youth and finished up our reading. Wow! I realize that I am living VERY safe. Not just in my life with dealing with my family but with my ministry! I am NOT living by example.

At one time in my life I was on fire ready to climb the mountain God placed in front of me. In sharing that with others their response was, "well you can always do something else later, when you change your mind". As if that journey up the mountain was a silly idea or that I would fail. They didn't understand. I was fine with that and didn't care. Now, though, if that was said to me, I would respond with the same i don't care mindset but deep inside I would be saying, "its ok, I have taking care of everything, made it all safe, for the just in case times." How far I have fallen off of my journey! How Safe have I become? Wow I have to live by example not only for my family, but for my youth, and for the world!

"Here is one choice that our Father wants us to understand as Christians – and I believe it is the choice of our age. Do we want to be brave or safe? Gently, lovingly – our heavenly Father wants us to know that we simply can’t be both."
— Gary Haugen

No comments: