Sunday, February 22, 2009

If You Seek Him, You Will Find Him!

So a while ago I blogged about some thoughts on my role as a youth leader. This year my goal is to help usher our youth into the presence of our Powerful God!

Too many times I have a tendency to rely on what I can do instead of what He can do. I try to think of things that will interest the youth so they will return. I have come to a great realization though, that in doing this I am doing our youth a great disservice. Instead I need to focus on the most important thing, guiding them into God's presence in order to experience His power! What else can be greater!

My Goal, rely on God instead of myself and partner with our youth in leading them into a meaningful relationship with God, continuing to seek Him to truly experience all He has for us!

Lord, help me to be a leader that truly seeks your face, seeks your presence! Lead me and guide me in your ways. Help me to completely surrender my will for yours. Too many times I get caught up in the little details, if I only let you lead. You alone can work in the hearts of our youth. You alone can change them. I long to see our youth seeking your face, crying out to you, believing that you are all the Almighty God. Help Me!

1 comment:

jkerk said...

Christina, You go girl! "Lord, meet Christina as she reaches out for Your Presence. Bring Your power to bear in her life and in the lives of our youth. Break through the strongholds of the world in their lives. Let them experience the true reality of You."
Judy