Saturday, November 29, 2008

Be Thankful for the BAD stuff


Thanksgiving was great (this is a pic of the table before dinner of course). The Stumm's came here for dinner, and boy was that good. We are still eating left overs. I will say that there was a quiet sadness of missing my Dad. No one really mentioned it but I think we all felt it. Never-the-less it turned out to be a great time had by all. There is nothing more special then the whole family sitting down to dinner together (we missed you Todd and Tammi).

As I do think about missing my Dad during the holidays there is one thing that sticks in my head that my girlfriend said the other day. Don't forget to be thankful for the bad things. It hit me when she said that and I gave her a weird look. She looked back and said, "What, we are to be thankful in all things!" I knew that but it was never said like that before. Be thankful for the bad things. How true, those trials are what make you stronger! Thank you Lord for the good and the bad!!! And how about being thankful for this little pumpkin!

So after Thanksgiving, SHOPPING! No I didn't get up at 3am and head out, although the last 4 years I have. This year nothing of necessity jumped off those circular pages. I did go out though and got a couple of things. Actually I am done except for stocking stuffers. I did however splurge on an Anniversary gift for Jeremy (and myself), 5 years tomorrow. I purchased a JVC Digital hard drive camcorder. We need to keep those precious members of our children that seem to fade so quickly with time!

Pics of Thanksgiving:


1 comment:

Deb said...

Who's that hot mama at the bottom!!!