Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Are You Where You Want to Be or Where You Should Be?

This past Sunday we had a special guest speak at church, Bruce Page missionary to Slovenia. He spoke about three things, the mission, the message, and the means. As he was speaking he said something that just hit home. As he was in Guatemalla (I think) in the middle of a war, he found himself hiding in the hall of his apartment away from windows. There he was TRUELY fearful yet he was in the will of God!

Sometimes we get caught up in the emotions of serving the Lord but when the WAR comes our way do we run or do we realize that we are in God's will. We ask the Lord, "Bless us, Bless us" but why should he bless us if we are not in His will.

As I read a blog from a teacher, Chilly Chilton, I had in Valley Forge Christian College, the message of Bruce and Chilly's statement just fit together so well. We need to work harder to listen to the Holy Spirit's voice and obey it. "It may seem dangerous to others, but the safest place to be is in the perfect will of God!" (Chilly Chilton)

I need to move from where I WANT to be to where God has called me to be by following the guidance of the Holy Spirit! Then and only then we I truely be blessed!

No comments: