Thursday, January 22, 2009

Theme: All About Me

So this week I started teaching the kids a themed lesson: All about Me. Teaching about body parts and things. So Tuesday we went through a book that the boys got for Christmas that goes over the parts of the body. It was interesting to them but sometimes when you teach younger children you aren't exactly sure what they are taking in and what they aren't.

Well yesterday Terry came back from school to pick up Sami and while putting Sami's stuff in the car fell and broke her leg. It is pretty bad, she is in need of surgery. After spending the entire afternoon and evening in the ER, Terry was finally discharged. We drove to my house to pick up Sami. While Terry sat waiting in the car Jeremy gathered Sami's things and the children asked me what happened. So I told them that Terry broke the bones in her leg. Jeremy Jr. runs off into the dining room returning with the book that we read the day before. Opening it he asked me to show him which one she broke, so I did.

So as horrible as it is that Terry broke her leg, it was perfect timing as it fit with my lesson and the kids really understood what we had been discussing. Terry thanks for helping with the object lesson! Hope you feel better soon!

No comments: