Monday, December 8, 2008

Bang Head Here

So today was Nathan's Neurologist appointment. We have seen the neurologist twice before but we saw her in the Exton office which is a long ways away. Also she had a very thick accent so I had a really hard time understanding her. So for this appointment I switch to a different doctor that was ALOT closer but still in the same group.

Before I get into the appointment there are no new changes for Nathan (a good thing). We will get a repeat MRI in January and that should tell us more.

So the appointment, new doc, let's just say that I was so frustrated and mad that I left trying not to cry. I called my girlfriend to tell her something unrelated and when she asked about the appointment I lost it. I couldn't hold it in I just started to ball! No news is good news but this guys was just....idk! He checked Nathan and didn't say much. Didn't seem to pay attention to me or him, even while I was answering his questions. He was wish-washy on whether to do the MRI now or in February which is when Nathan would be 3. I didn't care either way as long as we had it done before the open heart surgery (which we are thinking of scheduling in/around April). I had to kinda force him to make a decision. And as I explained Nathan's Early intervention plan and moving to the Intermediate unit he looked at me like i was speaking another language.

I walked out of the room and stood at the front desk waiting for one of the receptionist to come take my MRI referral and fax it. It wasn't until the Doctor walked by and told them I was standing out there did someone come help me. All of them dressed in the coats, hats and gloves to head out the door. As i handed her the referral I asked for her to get me some paperwork i forgot to ask the doctor for, well she never told him. She faxed and left! I didn't know that until I peeped my head in the door to tell the Dr. I need a script for Pt also did I find out He didn't know I was waiting on anything. So while he is writing what I need everyone else left and locked us in!

I don't know if it was because it was the last appointment or because I am at a loss of ideas to get Nathan the help he needs or maybe both combined, but whatever it was I was furious it just did not go well! I wasn't even expecting anything really except for them to say "well let's do a repeat MRI, continue what you are doing, and we will see you back after the MRI". He didn't even say that, he gave me no direction, even if the direction was to continue in what we are doing! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have tried to understanding and go with the flow but I now realize that I have to push for what I want, what Nathan needs!

Signing off,
Totally Frustrated!

No comments: