Monday, July 26, 2010

Aaron's Two!

Aaron's 2nd Birthday!

Last Year: 1st Birthday
This Year: 2nd Birthday

As Jeremy and I ran from store to store gathering the things needed for the celebration we recalled how fast time has gone. Now parents usually say those things but in Aaron's first two years of life it was even faster.

See Aaron was born July 24th, 2008. One month later almost to the day, August 26th, 2008, My father passed away. Just as things start to slow down in our lives and we begin to try and recoup and start living life a little more normal we are hit with the reality of open heart surgery for my son Nathaniel.

July 24th, 2009 was Aaron's 1st birthday. I had spent two weeks in the hospital with Nathan. My break from the hospital was to come home and spend Aaron's birthday with him followed by my sister's wedding shower the next day. Nothing special happened on Aaron's 1st birthday day, though we did have a wonderful Curious George celebration about two weeks later when we felt Nathan was up to having company.

So as we prepared for Aaron's birthday celebration this year we recalled how "fast" his first two years really did go by.

As for the party, I didn't have so much fun as I was sick from some meds I was on. All seemed to go well though. It always seems tough to get adults to stop talking though and come sing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday child. I love having everyone together but I think for me it is easier to have strictly a kids party, since that is who the party is for the birthday kid.

Aaron Happy Birthday Buddy! I love you and can't wait to see the person you will become! You already are such a little person with a strong personality and strong willed. I have my work cut out for me.

Next...Potty Training! Thanks all for the means to do so, underwear, potty seat, stickers for the chart. Here goes nothing!

Aaron showing off his new "Big Boy" underwear while playing his air drums

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just like Nathan....