Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Second Home Care Visit

Before we went to the hospital the pre-admissions nurse told us that if Nathan could still fit in a onsie that we should get some so Nathan could scratch at his sores. My mom picked some up and we were amazed that they were big enough. We hadn't had to use them, that is until today. Last night Nathan decided to pick off all the steri strips from his sternum incision. He also picked the scab under that incision that was from the drain. That left a very fresh and sore indent.

We had our second and final home nursing visit and she said Nathan looks great. She feels that we don't need anymore visits but is going to check with Nathan's pacer team and see if they are concerned about him pulling off his strips. If they are we might have another nursing visit. But all in all Nathan is doing wonderful!

Me on the other hand, I'm not doing so hot. For whatever reason I have become depressed. I just want to find a big rock and his there with no one to bother me for a good month. I probably would get lonely but that is how I feel. I think was is playing a part in me feeling thus way has to deal with the way I cope. While everything is happening I am in what I call " business mode" where I just get done what needs to get done and there is no time for emotions. Now that things have settled down I deal with all the emotions of the event and with that and the lack of sleep I got while in the hospital topped with financial struggle is probably what caused my depression. It doesn't help that the financial struggle is worrying Jeremy and putting more areas on our relationship.

I know despite how I feel, God is my provider. He has provided continuously for us and I know He will continue to do so! Please continue to pray for Nathan but also for me and the entire family!

1 comment:

Hey Jude said...

God will always come through... He is our provider. Love you!