Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Can't Sleep

Well...I have been struggling with sleep the last couple of weeks. I have always had problems falling asleep and so I have a prescription for Ambien. I usually try not to take it, as there are times when I'm just flat out tired and nothing would keep me awake. This is not one of those times!

After the holidays my sleeping schedule was off a bit (not uncommon), however this time I just haven't been able to sleep properly since.

It started with everyone being sick and so you sleep all day and all night....as much as possible. Then your up all night cause one of the kids are sick. So when you finally have a chance to go to bed and take an ambien it doesn't seem to kick in because your body is now on a different schedule.

I finally thought that I was getting it all worked out when I threw my back out just enough to be annoying and keep me up all night! So here it is 1:12am and I am laying on the couch because this is where my back feels the best at the moment...I have already taken my sleep aid but does sleep come? No!No! I'm stuck here to suffer!

I will go try warm milk now! Leave comments of other ideas I could try! I can't continue this way!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sleepy time tea. its what i use since i cant use sleep remedies while pregnant! - brie

Christina Schoenrock said...

Thx Brie! From what I remember I don't like sleepy time tea but that was a long time ago so I'll try it!